Born in 1981, Quentin Paquignon starts at 8 years old to play saxophone. Few years later, Quentin Paquignon will be rewarded by:
- First Prize of Saxophone (class of saxophone master: Georges Porte, French Republican Gard Orchestras Soloist)
- Unanimous First Prize of Music Chamber from the Music, Dance and Drama National School of Créteil (FR)
- First Prize of Saxophone Musical Contest of Picardie (FR)
- First Prize of Léopold Bellan Music Chamber Contest, Paris (FR).
Quentin Paquignon continues his musical journey as saxophone soloist joining different symphonic, military and jazz big band orchestras such as: Orsay Symphonic Orchestra (FR), Symphonic Orchestra of Massy Opera House (FR), Military Firemen Orchestra of Paris (FR), Big Band Connexion, Blue Big Band, Govix Big Band, Bouglione Circus…
In 2001, Quentin Paquignon tours US and Caribbean Islands with Jeff Joseph Gramacks New Generation, while perfecting his improvisation skills with master Louis Sclavis.
Since 2005 in Shanghai, Quentin Paquignon’s musical versatility brought him to play with diverse bands and artists such as: JZ All Stars Big Band, Zhou BingQian Orchestra, Erik Truffaz Quartet, DJ Ben Huang, Gilles Peterson, DJ FKJ, DJ Maestro (Blue Note Records)… Paquignon performed on the most prestigious China stages : JZ Club Shanghai, House of Blues and Jazz (SH), Shanghai JZ Music Festival, Shanghai Oriental Center, Shanghai Mao Live House, Shanghai Grand Theatre, Shanghai Culture Square Theatre, Hong Kong Theatre, Bar Rouge Shanghai, Unïco Shanghai, Jianghu Music Festival, eMidi Electronic Music Festival, Myth Festival Shanghai…
Reconnecting with his organizational skills developed in France for concert and music festival management, Quentin Paquignon co-organized Together Day Shanghai – a 2008 Sichuan Earthquake fundraising concert- before being in charge of JZ Music Festival stage management.
Insatiable cultural & artistic entrepreneur, Quentin Paquignon founded:
- THE POLYMORPH EXTRA immersive multimedia art collective (2011)
- NEXTDREAM Co. Ltd, creative production agency (2014)
- imrsv records™, UK registered immersive record label (2016)
More infos on www.quentinpaquignon.com